Behavior and Pastoral Support
Support from us
If your situation has changed recently, we would love to know so that we can support you and your family through this current crisis. Please fill in the google form below with your details and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
We have developed a range of fact sheets based on commonly asked questions. For many of these we are regularly reviewing them as government guidance is changing but thought you might appreciate having everything on one or two pages.
Talking to your children about the coronavirus including social stories
Social Contact Story
School is closing
Story about coronavirus for children
Food for children and families from Tyndale Community School
Tyndale Community School is delivering food boxes to families where children have Free School Meals. However, we are looking to expand this service and more details will follow soon.
List of services available to parents and families (continually updated)
- The Samaritans can give advice to adults who are struggling with their mental health over the phone or by email. They are fast at responding, it is totally confidential and can be a ‘safe’ place to air concerns and receive helpful advice for free.
- General UK number: 116 123
- Oxford number: 0330 094 5717
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New telephone number for elderly people during this time with help and advice. Any grandparents raising children and finding it hard can use this for assistance, or families with elderly relatives they are worried about. Number: 01865 411 288
Oxford Medical Students Helping Hands:
- A facebook support group to provide free childcare and tutoring for those working in the NHS so they can still get to work. Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1006922376375988/
- Babysitting website but now has a section of people that are volunteering childcare services for those in need. App downloadable on most smartphones. Volunteers will have a ‘volunteer’ badge on their profile.
Oxford Covid-19 Mutual Aid:
- Is a facebook group set up with people offering a range of services, childcare and online tutoring/fun classes included to keep children occupied even when you are in the household. Link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/202604247629195
OXSIT Behaviour Toolkit:
- As part of our Oxsit package their is a behaviour toolkit we can refer parents to which online resources. Link: ttps://conductmanagement.com/ox/ Email for accesss: Oxfordshire.gov.uk. Login for parents: oxpar24.
- A website with a range of FREE resources to support children emotionally, lots of mindfulness activities and things to give children a break from learning. Link: https://www.elsa-support.co.uk/.