Dear Parents and Carers,
We are looking for parent/carer volunteers to support Tyndale Community School’s Trip to Bournemouth Beach on the 13th July 2017.
Purpose of the Trip
- Experience- We want to give children real-life experiences that support their Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural Development alongside their Learning.
- Learning – Much of our learning this term has been linked to either the sea or the beach.
Volunteer Person Specification
- Responsible- you will be supporting the teacher in looking after a small group of children
- Reliable- you will need to be present- not distracted by your phone and conversations and on time.
- Enthusiastic- we love learning and want to enthuse the children by this exciting experience
- You must be able to attend training on Monday 3rd July at either 8.30am or 6pm. We will only do the training once and if you are unable to be there, your place will be give to another volunteer. Please do not bring children along to the training as it is essential that you are able to focus.
- You will not be placed in a small group with your child.
- Arrive at school for 8.30am and leave on the coach with the school.
- Support children in getting on and off the coach.
- Sit with children on the coach and engage in conversation with them- this is a learning experience!
- Do not bring extra food for your child or any other children (we will provide all food and drinks)
- Siblings, who are not from the school, are not allowed to attend
- Phones should not be out at all.
- Although there will be a designated toilet break, you are expected to remain with the children the entire time.
- Any smoking during the trip is strictly prohibited.
- Follow our safeguarding guidance (this will be shared during the training).
For safeguarding reasons, this contractual agreement needs to be followed at all times during the trip. Only put yourself forward if you are able to comply.
If you feel that you are able to fulfil this important role, please complete the form by clicking on the link. We will let you know by Wednesday 28th June if you have been selected to help.